Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day 1964

Steve's sister Michelle shared this memory of Steve with me:

When I was four years old I went to Preschool at my mom's friend's house. Her name was Nola Neeley. She lived by my Uncle Gary. It was St. Patrick's Day and instead of wearing something green, my mom had made a green shamrock for me to wear to preschool. When she drove me to school and dropped me off, we realized that she had forgotten to put the shamrock on me. My mom told me that she would go home and get it. As she was leaving, Steve came running towards us, red faced, and out of breath with the shamrock in his hand. He had seen the shamrock at our house, and was worried I would get pinched without it, so he ran several blocks to bring it to me. He was only 6 years old, but even at such a young age he was always looking out for me. He was such a good big brother, I sure miss him.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Cute story!

Julie said...

What a great story!

Emily Hamilton said...

I love this story. What a cute big brother.

lauren said...

what a sweet story. thanks for sharing.

Bexie Funk said...

that is one of the sweetest things i've ever heard.