Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Arizona Baseball Tournament

The Rebel's baseball team left Wednesday, March 4th to play in the Triple Crown Arizona Spring Championships baseball tournament. Mike went with Eric and Mikey. They stayed at the Arizona Grand Hotel that had a huge water park attached to the hotel.

The teams they played were quite advanced. It was the beginning of the Rebel's baseball season and the end of their contenders. The tournament went from Thursday March 5th to Saturday March 7th. Our team got progressively better each time they played.

Amy and I flew down Friday morning and were able to watch the Friday and Saturday games. The water park at the hotel had a huge water slide, a lazy river, basketball hoops, and a great hot tub. You may notice the water tubes floating down the lazy river with no one in them. The boys thought it was really funny to duck in their tubes when they saw us get out our cameras to take pictures, so we have some great pictures of tubes. Fourteen year old boys these days.



Our first stop after getting our rental car was to Last Chance. Last Chance is a store that sells what is returned to Nordstorm or what Nordstrom can't sell. To say the least, this was quite an adventure. It's best to get their when the doors open because the good name brand items go very quickly. Friday we got their a little late, so we had to go back Saturday morning. People line up to just get in the doors. A shopping gestapo comes and yells the rules at you, the doors open, people push and shove, you grab a shopping cart if you are lucky and off you go.

We piled our cart to the top as fast as we could and then would sort through it to see what we really wanted. They have Ugg boots, juicy shoes. Deals galore!

I ended up with $2 dresses for the girls, $2 shorts, $2 shirts, and 5 pairs of shoes for me (a little extravagant).


Mike's 14th birthday!

I was so happy I got to spend Michael's 14th birthday with him. Amy and Eric helped with posters, balloons, and candy to celebrate his birthday. We also went to the water park, and had a great lunch at Rosa's, before they played their final baseball game.

Some of my funniest memories were: Meeting Amy Friday morning to ride to the airport together only to find that her travel bag was 3 times the size of mine. She called mine "the lunch box", and I called her's "the princess bag". I guess I was the fool, when I didn't realize we would be shopping at Last Chance.

While we were waiting for the airplane to take off to Arizona, Amy told me to call her cell phone because she didn't know where it was. Just as I was ready to hit the call button, the person next to me nudged me and said, "the stewardess is holding her phone up and asking who lost their phone, you two should pay attention." If only I had hit send!

Riding in the Grand Prix rental car, or the granny car. Amy misjudged as we pulled into In -And -Out Burger and gave the car parked in front of us a little nudge. No worries, no damage done.

Loosing track of time at In-And-Out Burger, getting to the airport to go home at 8:30 when our flight was leaving at 8:45, only to find out I had booked Michael and I for the 5:10 flight. Oops!

2 comments:

Marianne Peck said...

I need (I mean WANT) to go to LastChance! How fun! Mare

MOM THE BOMB said...

Sounds like fun. I think I'd like the Last Chance store.