Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Special Projects

I thought it would be helpful for others if I posted some of the projects I (and my friends) have worked on. It may help someone else who is grieving the loss of a loved one. It's hard to find the perfect way to cherish the memories of the one who has gone. Below are a few projects that we completed.

Mine

Meagan's

Sarah's

Katelyn's

Michael's

Lizzy's

Ben's

I asked each one of my kids to select a few things of their dad's that were special to them. My friend, Michelle Lalli, took the items they selected, along with dried flowers from the funeral and arranged them beautifully in the shadow boxes.

My friend Amy Jacobsen took me on outings to find the perfect project for the pressed flowers. We found the exact arrangement that we wanted to copy. We gathered the materials and got busy. We took two pieces of glass, arranged the flowers between them, put vinyl words, Nearer My God To Thee, which was the closing song at Steve's funeral, tapped up the sides and put them in frames. We made 17 for my kids, some of Steve's friends, and his siblings.

The dried flower arrangements were made by Back Door Gifts.

My friend Becky Parry helped me make this special book. Pictures are downloaded from the computer to My Publishers, you write and design the book how you want, download it to them, and they send it to you. This is one of my kids favorite things to look through. Lots of good memories.

Jon reading Tyli Steve's Book

The kids with their pillows


Jodi made individual pillows for each of the kids. They had pictures of each child with their dad on the pillows. They are adorable!

4 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow, Cindy! You've been busy! And you have amazing friends. I'm sure Steve is very proud of you.

Julie said...

Wow, those are such neat projects! The pillows are so darling and they will be treasures for your kids forever. We love you Cindy and we're praying for you!

Britney said...

Wow, what cute pictures/pillows!

You've been really busy with all these projects. I'm sure doing this kind of stuff helps you still feel close to Steve.

Emily Hamilton said...

Cindy this looks so great! What neat ideas! You and your kids will treasure all of this forever.