Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sarah's 19th Birthday

Sarah at the Cheesecake Factory.


Beautiful quilt!


Cheerleading book.


Sisters


Sarah's birthday is December 20th. I remember bringing her home from the hospital in a Christmas stocking, dressing her in a Christmas outfit with a Christmas tree on the behind. She surprised us, by coming a little early. She was the best Christmas present!

For her birthday this year just Sarah and I went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. It was one of the busiest shopping days before Christmas. It was crazy! Yes, we did go shopping anyway.
She got a beautiful quilt that my friend Jenni Peterson made her. Jenni and I usually make these quilts for the girls before they go off to school. Since, Steve died on the first day of school, Jenni decided to make it for me. What a sweetheart!

Sarah also got a cheerleading book that my friend Kim Geurts made for her. She was going to show me how to make it, but I got behind so Kim and her daughter made it for me. Kim's daughter Kaylee used to cheerlead with Sarah, so she was very helpful.

On our shopping spree, Sarah picked out some boots, and jeans. On the way home I began to cry. The kids are used to me crying by now. Sarah asked what was wrong and I told her that I wished her dad was here to spend her birthday with her. It makes me sad that he is not here to celebrate these special times with the kids.

7 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! You have some great friends, and a wonderful mom!

Jamie said...

How wonderful -it is so nice that you have such a strong support system and wonderful friends. We love you guys

bethy said...

Happy birthday Sarah! Cindy, your kids are SO beautiful. It's not fair to the other children.

Ashley Erin said...

Happy Birthday kiddo! Megan took Quinn to t'giving dinner? That's serious.

Bexie Funk said...

happy birthday! that quilt is REALLY cute!

Julie said...

Sarah is so beautiful! And so are all of the rest of your kids. I can't believe she's 19.... wow where does time go?

Sarah Hansen said...

mom! i look sick in like all of these! haha thanks a lot!! i love you!