Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Veil is Thin

Emotions ran high for me, Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church.  Tears kept streaming down my face as my thoughts drifted to the impending birth of my first grandchild. I envisioned Steve’s last moments with him, giving him great advice, and a kiss good-bye. I am so glad that they have had some time together, before he comes to earth.


My tears, were also tears of joy.  I am so excited for this precious little baby to join our family.  Babies have such a special spirit about them.  They exude such immense feelings of love and tenderness.

I kept my emotions in check during Sacrament Meeting until the closing song.  It was, “Be Still My Soul,” a song that was played on the violin by Kate and her teacher at Steve’s funeral.  I quickly left, hoping to go home, get a hold of myself, and come back for Young Women's concealing my tender feelings.

I was surprised to get a call from Quinn just hours later, informing me that they were on their way to the hospital.  Sometimes I get such strong feelings, as if heaven is speaking to me. I truly believe that the veil is thin, and that there are angels watching over us. I am grateful for our special angel. 

0 comments: