Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Grandparents

Grandma and Grandpa Brown invited my girl's and I down for a visit and lunch.  They wanted some one-on-one time with Kate, and to hear about her mission experiences.  It was a week day, so we weren't able to get Sarah or Lizzy to come with us, but we had a wonderful time.They made a delightful lunch for us, as we talked.  They are so cute and so kind to our family, they melt my heart.

Later in the month, we had a dinner at our house and showed pictures to all of the Brown siblings and their kids.  I love seeing pictures of where Kate lived for 18 months.  It is such a testimony to me, that  those that choose where missionaries serve their missions are truly inspired.  I would never have picked Vanuatu for Kate.  She grew so much, not only spiritually, but became brave and courageous as well.  She truly loved the people she served, and was an outstanding missionary. The Ni Van people became her family away from home, in her words, "they have definitely stolen my heart".

On another week day, Kate and I also visited my parents.  We took the lap top computer to show them mission pictures.  They took us to Cafe Rio for lunch.  They served a mission in Yap, which is quite similar to Vanuatu. We enjoyed spending time with them sharing island stories.



1 comments:

Sarah Hansen said...

Love that pic of Mase and grandpa! So cute!