Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Gym Rat

I'm no gym rat, that's for sure.  But with an annual physical to my doctor I was informed in the kindest way, that I need to increase my exercise routine and decrease my intake of nachos and other yummy foods.  Yep, I need to loose a few.

Today at the Rec Center as I was enjoying, well maybe tolerating, the elliptical, I was watching the  TV series King of Queens, or "Dougie", as I like to refer to it.  I do not want to advocate this program, since sometimes it is a little inappropriate, but it is so funny.  I mostly watch it at night right before bed, so I can end the evening on a funny note.  The kids hear me laughing clear down the hall and come in to see what I am doing.  When it is a little inappropriate I quickly change the channel.  They know my routine though, who am I fooling?

When I have my earphones in at the gym, I am unaware of the people beside me or around me.  It was very apparent today, as I was laughing so hard, that people began staring at me.  I did find, it is hard to laugh really hard, when you are exercising, I could barely catch my breath.  At first I was a little embarrassed, until I looked down three spaces and saw a girl working out in her pajamas and looking like she just rolled out of bed.  The stares quickly moved from me to her.  End of embarrassed.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Good for you!

Laura said...

Have you seen the one where they get a pole in their bedroom. I die laughing at that one. And Ben and I have taking their splitting up advise and it works! Love that show.

linda said...

Funny story! Let me know if you want some "gym rat" tips…I've learned a lot this year about making the most of your work-out time...