Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Birthday Celebration

March 7th was this cute missionary's birthday.  I wish I were there with him to celebrate his 19th birthday.  Isn't that strange….his 19th birthday.  That used to be when missionaries were sent out to serve.  He was in the first batch of 18 year old missionaries.

In talking with him, and his friends prior to their departure, they mentioned how different senior year was.  Instead of wondering what you were going to be doing, goofing around, making choices that weren't stellar, they were preparing to go on missions.  They said there was almost a reverence as you walked the halls of Bountiful High.

I couldn't be prouder of this cute kid!  He has always been so kind hearted, hard working, easy to get along with, but believe it or not this mission has changed him for the better. His testimony has been strengthen, he has learned that service is what brings people true happiness, he has learned obedience, and to listen to the spirit. He has not only brought other's unto Christ, but has also strengthened his relationship with his Savior and Heavenly Father.

I love hearing about his wonderful experiences.  I look forward every week to his email. His emails and stories strengthen my testimony.  I couldn't be prouder of this young man.

This is a small excerpt from his letter about his birthday: "Thank you so much for all of the Birthday wishes and the package it really means a lot! And thank you so much for all the presents and money.  I'll have to go out and buy something good for dinner so I won't get talked into eating fermented "she-fish" (a catfish the Eskimos catch and bury in the ground for 3 months and then dig up again and eat) for my Birthday, blaaaahhhh!  I've gotta say the card was a killer. At first it wasn't working so I was a little bit confused but don't worry I figured it out. You've just gotta be smarter than the card I guess. By the way who made the sweet pillowcases? I loved my birthday celebration kit! I was strutting around the church with it on all night long. Love you guys" 


0 comments: