Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, February 17, 2014

Bluebirds

Creative Dance Academy's ballet department, is now featuring Sleeping Beauty at Viewmont High School. If you have a daughter dancing in every production (Thursday through Saturday), you get the opportunity to Volunteer to help with the younger dancers. Thursday was my night to watch the 6 year old Bluebirds. I should have come a little more prepared with lots of treats and quiet games. The studio provided many activities to entertain these cute little ballerinas. They had banners to draw on, and a parachute with many game options, but that wasn't enough.

Keeping these youngsters out of trouble, accounted for, and contained until they performed was quite a feat.  After playing the studio games and boredom took root, the Bluebirds told me they were "flying south", and took off running.  I should have taken action quickly, because with my delay came the consequence of loosing my Bluebirds.  After, I called after them, and looked for them for quite some time, I found them under the dark, dirty, stairwell.I quickly gathered the girls, only to find that these little mischief  makers now needed costumes to be fixed, and hair re-dos. Fortunately, I have 4 girls of my own, and know a thing or two about ballet buns, and costume adjustments.

After our little adventure, I tried playing quieter games with them, such as Bubble Gum, Bubble Gum.  Good thing that game doesn't really involve gum or I'm sure it would have ended up in some one's hair.

Even though it was quite an adventure, these little girls were so cute!  It reminded me of my younger days.  They danced beautifully, and were so adorable that the mischief was soon forgotten.

Volunteering back stage gave me a sense of appreciation for ALL that goes into a performance such as this.  Teachers, moms, seamstresses, office workers, everyone worked together to present a beautiful, professional ballet of Sleeping Beauty.

Bluebirds playing Bubble Gum, Parachute Game, The Banner, and Lizzy.

0 comments: