Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Blessings of Missionaries

What a blessing it is to have 2 missionaries out in the mission field serving the Lord.  They both left July 3rd, and have been serving 3 months, but who's counting:).  You feel the spirit as they report the joy of bringing the gospel to others. Their letters emulate the spirit of missionary work, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.  As you read them you delight as they describe the happiness they feel in serving the Lord and others.  Their testimonies have been strengthened as the study and share the gospel each day.

Letters are received from my missionaries every P-Day.  I have been fortunate to hear from Elder Brown every Monday, except transfer days.  Sister Brown, I don't get to hear from as much.  She is serving on the remote Island of Tanna, the Whitesands area in Vanuatu.

Whitesands is beautiful, but does not have electricity or any other modern convinces.  In order to email home, Kate has to travel 2 hours to a small cafe in town.  Therefore, I hear from her every 2 to 3 weeks.      I know that Heavenly Father watches over the Missionaries, and they and their families are abundantly blessed.  However, it tugs on my heart strings a little when emails are less frequent. When I feel a little sad about it, I think of the other moms whose missionaries are serving on even more remote Islands that have no electricity on the Island, therefore, no emails.  What strong mom's and missionaries these must be.

In D&C 84 verse 88 it states: "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face.  I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

I know that my missionaries have a special angel watching over them.  One who has a particular interest in them, one who loves them and wants what's best for them.  It warms my heart when I think of their dear Father having the ability to be there for them at times when I can't.  I hope they feel Him often.


Sometimes when I'm feeling sad, and missing them a lot, I'll make packages to send them.  Mike loves getting packages, and Kate's is sitting in the Mission Home on the Island of Port Vila waiting for her.
Homemade salsa and chocolate chip cookies for Mike.  Store bought peanut butter, and other staples for Kate.

Elder Brown - Anchorage Alaska Mission
First baptism.
Sister Brown, Vanuatu Port Vila Mission
Where she lives.
You can read more about my missionaries on their blogs: eldermikebrown.blogspot.com and sisterkatelynbrown.blogspot.com.



2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

Wow they are both in beautiful places!

Emily Hamilton said...

They both look so great, and what cool missions. I love reading their blogs. They are two awesome missionaries for sure! They seem to be helping lots of people and making a big difference. I can't believe where Kate is living?! Crazy. You are so patient to wait with the unpredictable emails.