Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Day Care

Scheduling Day Care appointments has become the new norm for me.  I thought after Ben started Kindergarten I was done.....not so.  My cute little grandson and I get to hang out 3 days a week, 30 hours a week.  Since I have been lectured by my Physical Therapist about knee rehabilitation, I have been frequenting the Bountiful City Recreation Center. I'm not a fan of early morning or late night workouts, so I've resorted to using the Day Care on days I watch Mason. Sometimes he is a willing, and sometimes a not-so-willing patron there.


One day, I was riding the stationary bike with my head-set on listening to a television program, when I heard over the loud speaker, "Will Mrs. Brown please report to the Day Care."  It took me by surprise, since it's been awhile since I've had a child in Day Care.  I stopped for a moment and said, "That's me," as if anyone around me really cared.

I thought perhaps Mase needed a diaper change, and quickly exited to the Day Care.  Upon my arrival, I saw that Mason was crying and very upset.  I asked what had happened and the Day Care Provider said, "Well, he wanted a little girl's snack and the kids aren't allowed to share."  I began to laugh and replied, "Well, we usually give him everything he wants, is that a problem."  She burst into a chuckle as she informed me that she knew 30 years old's that had the same problem.

I waited a week before we tried again.  This time, snack in hand.
After Day Care we watch the elderly swim.

0 comments: