Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, March 18, 2013

Hi Chews

Hi-Chew is a flavorful Japanese fruit chew. This candy was once difficult to find.   It is now found in some local grocery stores, and is finally sold in bulk at Costco. Hooray! I was happy to find this tasty treat in the big size at Costco.

One would think this should last our family quite awhile.  However, for some reason it has only been lasting a few days.  I couldn't figure out what was happening until Ben came home from school one day with a little extra cash.

Ben delightfully reported, "Mom, I have earned $13 at school this week." "How so?" I inquired.  "Well, I have been selling Hi-Chew to kids at school, 2 for .50. No wonder he hasn't wanted to do extra chores for cash.

Mystery solved!  What cute little entrepreneur.