Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy 18th Mike

Mike's choice of birthday celebration, was dining at The Market Street Grill. He wanted to curtail his distaste for seafood, since soon he will be living in Alaska for 2 years where seafood is abundant.  Market Street is well known for it's exquisite preparation of seafood, so I expected raving reviews.  He carefully chose a mild fish - halibut - that was very palatable.  I made him try their famous clam chowder, which he endured.  Even dining at one of Salt Lake's finest seafood restaurants could not make him a Pescetarian (person who just eats seafood, fruits and nuts).

His comment at the end of the night was, "Seafood is alright, but if I had to choose between beef and seafood, I'd choose beef."  To the delectable raspberry almond tartlet he said, "I don't really like fruit in my dessert."  What?  Who raised you any who?

My adorable little fisher boy likes to catch them, but not eat them.  Awe.......

Despite his lack of enthusiasm for seafood, we had a great time.  Happy Birthday Mike!

First Fish
Dining at Market Street
Birthday Celebration
Happy 18th to an amazing young man.  Love you!

3 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I really hope my girls can marry a guy like you someday. You're awesome!
P.S. Market Street looks like a yummy place. I need to try it.

Ashley Erin said...

Seafood is amazing! I hope he doesn't starve in Alaska!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Happy Birthday Mike! You are an amazing person!