Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Eve - 2010



Before we started our Christmas Eve celebrations we went to the cemetery. This is our third Christmas without Steve. It is still a difficult time, but I have to be strong for my kids. They want Christmas to be a happy time.
I love the traditions of Christmas. Every Christmas Eve we spend time at both sides of the family. We start with a party with my family, at my brother Scott's house, and move on to the Brown side. At the Brown's we dance around the Christmas tree (a Danish tradition) singing Christmas carols and a Danish song, we eat, and open gifts.
This year I didn't make sentimental gifts. My kids insisted that I don't make anyone cry this year. I'm not sure how I felt about that, but I acquiesced.

0 comments: