Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caught In The Middle

Last night I fell asleep comfortably in my huge king-sized bed, with my down comforter nestled around me, while laying my head on my over-sized feather pillows. Yes, life was bliss. It has been a rare occurrence for me to be sleeping alone. For the past two and a half years, my bed has occupied many children at night. Only until recently, did I insist that unless you have special needs during the night, (sick, bad dreams, etc.) you must sleep in your own bed.

I was unaware that last night was a “special needs” night. I woke up smashed in between my two youngest kids. I felt like the vanilla crème in a sandwich cookie, being squished out of it's place.

I continued my quest for sleep only to be woken again with a sharp elbow to my neck, feeling like a massage gone bad. As I drifted off again, I was awoken to a slap of a hand in my face, like a bug experiencing death on a car windshield…...splat. My claustrophobic tendencies surfaced, as I found no way to have one foot out of the covers, and felt caught in the middle of a battle field.

Yes my blissful nights’ sleep, ended up being anything but euphoric.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear there are others out there that get slapped in the face from time to time from tiny hands! Hope you get some sleep tonight!