Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Turning Twelve

When a girl turns 12 she: begins Young Women’s; becomes very particular about what she wears and how her hair is worn; shops at fashionable older-kid stores ; contemplates the use of make-up; prepares for Jr. High School; loves spending time with friends; and becomes well……..rather silly. Twelve is wonderful!

Lizzy's birthday celebrations began rather early that morning. At 5:20 a.m. we left to pick up her friend to go the temple and perform baptisms for the dead. It was a beautiful experience for both her and I. I must admit I teared up a bit when she was being baptized by someone other than her dad. I was so sad that he physically wasn’t there, I could feel his spirit though, and that made it special. The priesthood holders at the temple are so kind and gentle, they knew it was her first time at the temple and helped her every step of the way.

After our spiritual high, Ben and I took Lizzy to Sunshine Café for breakfast. It is one of our favorite places.

In the evening she had a small birthday party. We went and saw the movie Tangled, (which I would highly recommend) and dined at the Spaghetti Factory. I couldn’t stop laughing at these adorable, silly girls. They have all grown up so much, and are very entertaining.
At the movie Tangled. Dinner at the Spaghetti Factory - Did I mention 12 year old girls are silly.Bailee, Lizzy, Ashlyn, Ali, Reagan, and Liz.
We decorated her room, and gave her an adorable magnet board, and lots of cute clothes.

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lizzy!

linda said...

Looks like a great party! It'll be fun to have Lizzy in YW-what a sweet girl...

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

I love you Lizzy! Happy Birthday!