Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Flaming Gorge 2010

Flaming Gorge is one of my kid's favorite vacations. We camp, boat, share meals, and play night games with all the cousins from Steve's side of the family. This year we had a tower added to our boat and purchased a couple wake boards. The kids couldn't wait to get out on the lake and try out our new gear.
It was a little cold this year, so some days we would slip the boat and head to the "Dam Grill" for some refreshments. They have great "dam burgers", "dam fries", and "dam ice cream". We played games on the boat, or took naps as we would take refuge from the stormy weather. However, there was enough sunshine for lots of tubing, wake boarding, and water skiing.



Lizzy learning to ski on the horseshoe.

Mike wake boarding. Thanks to the generous and helpful Thomas', Mike learned to jump the wake.

Sarah loves skiing, but eventually ventured out on a wake board.

Katelyn skiing, it has been rumored that she learned to wake board on the Thomas' boat.
Each night, we made tasty dutch oven meals. We got a little impatient and started the coals on fire.

Gathering wood, and our campsite.

Relatives, friends, and fun.

Tubing with the cousins.

5 comments:

Melinda May said...

That looks like SO much fun! I think I will invite my self next time. I tried water skiing once and it ended in one of toes getting broken. Maybe your kids can teach me a thing or two!

Julie said...

I remember when Steve took us to Flaming Gorge when I was like 14......... the boys went the first half of the week and then the girls went. I think that it was the summer Pete got married and he was there hanging out with Steve and hauling us around on the boat. One of my favorite memories from growing up in YW!

linda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time-despite the chipmunks getting into your food! At least it wasn't a bear...I'd love to go back to Flaming Gorge-I haven't been camping there since I was a teenager.

MOM THE BOMB said...

What a great tradition! Looks like you're enjoying your summer.

Jodi said...

Looks like fun! Brings back a lot of memories for me too....Wish I was there with you. Sniff. Sniff.