Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swine Flu Has Arrived

Today At Our House
Two weeks ago on a Wednesday, Ben called me from school. There were only 5 minutes of school left, but I could tell by his voice that he was worried. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I can't feel my body." I laughed the entire way to school, thinking he was so funny, but knowing that he was worried and I needed to pick him up. When I arrived, I asked him what he meant by "he couldn't feel his body". He told me that he was dizzy. I took him home and gave him some Gatorade. He was dizzy throughout the night, but felt better so I sent him to school the next day.

On Friday night, Ben said his throat was closing up. I thought he might be a little anxious, had him take deep breathes and put him to bed. Again, everything seemed fine.

Sunday night his fever went up to 103. I knew something was wrong. Long story short, Ben had step throat and H1N1, or the Swine Flu. The rapid breathing and high temperatures made me quite nervous, but we managed through it. This Monday, THREE more have the Swine Flu.

Mike has an ingenious idea. He wants to put a sign on our lawn: SWINE FLU VACCINES. For only $10 per person the kids will contaminate you, and then you are immune. I wonder if will have any takers?

2 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Bummer. We hope you all start feeling better. I think Mike's idea is awesome!! You could make a good profit. :)

poodle said...

i would pay good money for that!! haha.

although i got a free vaccine - two weeks ago, half of my students were out with the swine flu. I figure if i could be around them all day and not catch it, i've got to be immune by now.