Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Holidays

The holidays are usually a time of year that we rejoice and look forward to spending time with family and love ones. We anticipate with excitement the celebrations, parties, and wonderful traditions. There is such an abundance of choices of entertainment. There is something for everyone.

The holidays are a difficult time for our family. We feel a great loss and void. We continue to try to find joy in our new journey. Our thoughts are focused on our memories of Steve, and the great times we had with him. I know how much Steve touched the lives of many. I loved reading this. We will continue to participate in traditions, celebrate the holidays, and determine what traditions to observe, change, or omit. We will decide what is most meaningful and comfortable for us as a family.

As we celebrate this season, I hope that we as a family can commemorate Thanksgiving with grateful hearts for our many blessings. We hope to remember the Savior's Life and his birth during the Christmas season. We are so grateful for all our wonderful friends and family, that continue to include us in the festivities of the season. We love you!

7 comments:

Jami said...

Cindy - thank you for sharing that post. All I can say is Ditto! I love ya! I hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving! You are amazing! You are amazing! You are amazing! (if you say it 3x then it must be true!)

Suzie said...

You are an inspiration...I hope you and your children enjoy your Thanksgiving.

browniemom said...

Jami and Suzie,
You are both so sweet and kind! You give me such strength. I loved Eden's blog about Steve. Hope you both have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

eden said...

I love your blog and I love that you share your thoughts so eloquently and truthfully. I am grateful for you and our friendship.

Jodi said...

Hey Cindy, I know I haven't been around too much lately but you are in my thoughts so often. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. I know that what Eden shared is felt by so many whose lives have been touched by Steve and your family, especially myself! I love you so much!

Emily Hamilton said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love reading all your posts. You have a way of expressing things perfectly! Hope you all have a great day and have fun with family!

Crystal Escobar said...

Hey, I just came across your blog by clicking the "next blog" tab at the top of the page. So sorry about your loss. It must be so difficult, especially this time of year :( Feel free to stop by my blog sometime, I recently put together a blog for moms, in hopes to connect with other moms, gather advice, and share stories.