Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Now

It's amazing how fast life can change. One moment you are on vacation with your family and the next moment your life changes forever. That's what happened to our family on August 25, 2008. That is the day my best friend, and wonderful companion left this mortal life. It is so hard to lose someone you love so much. My heart aches with grief and pain to be without this extraordinary person. I have never imagined grief like I am experiencing. I was told by a wise person that if we had an ordinary husband or an ordinary father this wouldn't be as hard for us. Because we had one of the great fathers and great husbands our pain is much larger. What a blessing it is and was to have such a great husband and great father. We feel a larger pain because my children's dad and my husband was extraordinary.



His life was one of service and example. He blessed the lives of others with his unconditional love, thoughtfulness, kindness, loyalty, honesty, and fun sense of humor. What he did will live on in the many lives he touched.



We miss him dearly, but find comfort in our knowledge that we will live with him again.

7 comments:

Foster Mom said...

Beautifully said! We love you Cindy and hope that you will always feel our love and support!

Katie, Travis & Audrey

come visit us @ www.rebeccalaw.typepad.com

mbjhme said...

Cindy I can only imagine your grief and am so sorry that you have to go through this. I know that when I am feeling so sad and my heart feels like it is breaking and i can't breath, I think I can't even imagine what Cindy and the kids are going through. Steve was such a wonderful husband, father and brother and we all were lucky to have had him in our lives. I hope that the saying is true "time heals all wounds", but I am sure it takes along while. I love you and the kids and would do anything for you, I pray for you guys every night.
Michelle

Leslie Paul said...

Cindy, you are so amazing yourself! The other day when we were talking about the things that Pres. Eyring said at Steve's funeral(it is still unreal to me that I am talking about my brother's funeral, I am still in unbelief) that we wouldn't feel so much pain if he were ordinary. Well, I just remembered when Bri's mom told me about when she heard that her dad died. She remembers hanging up the phone and feeling bad that she really didn't experience a feeling at all. She felt no sadness, no happiness, no anger, just nothing. If that is how we felt about Steve, then that would be the tragedy! He wasn't perfect, we know that, none of us are. We each had a different relationship with him and felt love for him for different reasons. It is true what Pres. Eyring said that no one knows our pain, it is unique to each one of us but we can help each other by listening, laughing, and of course crying together. We will miss him until we see him again. At least we have the faith and knowledge that the day will come. I love you Cindy, you make me laugh.
Love, Leslie

I am Laura said...

I think that this blog will be a nice way for you to vocalize some of how you are feeling which is always good when you are grieving so much. I remember last year when Ben's dad died and the shock we felt. It has been hard for his mom and now his brother is coming home from his mission and I think this week a lot of the pain will come back for the family. I hope you will know that you have a lot of people out there that love you and will help you through all these trying times.

I am Laura said...

Oh, and I meant to put this on my comment. I have my real blog hidden a bit because of a crazy person. It is benandlaura.blogspot.com if you ever want to peak into my life.

Jodi said...

Steve really was extraordinary! I am so grateful for his influence in my life, and for yours! I love you Cindy! Jodi

amybryant said...

Cindy- I wasn't able to make it to any of Steve's services becasue I was out of town that whole week. When I got the news my heart ached for you and your kids. I loved Steve so much. Growing up by him I looked up to him so much. I remember when he got his mission call, I remember when you and he were dating and I remember his crazy personality. I also remember the summer that I was able to tend for Megan and Sarah. One night when I was staying over to tend and Steve came home from work and told the girls that he had talked to Noah and that Noah was coming to the house to take them on his arc. We all laughed and laughed. He was such a great Dad and you are such a great mom. You are in my thoughts and prayer often.
Amy Pehrson Bryant